Your safety, and the safety of others, is of utmost importance when using Ember. Please carefully read the safety messages contained in this section to learn how to use Ember safely.
Below is safety information, messages, and alert symbols relating to your Ember 3D printer, materials, and tools.
- General Safety Messages & Safety Alert Symbols
- Safety Information
GENERAL SAFETY MESSAGES & SAFETY ALERT SYMBOLS
|This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you or others.
All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and the word "DANGER," "WARNING," or "CAUTION."
These safety messages inform you about potential hazards, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if instructions are not followed.
|DANGER||You can be killed or seriously injured if you do not immediately follow instructions.|
|WARNING||You can be killed or seriously injured if you do not follow instructions.|
|CAUTION||You can be moderately injured or damage your equipment if you do not follow instructions.|
Important Safety Instructions
- Disconnect power before servicing
- Replace all parts and panels before operating
- Plug into grounded 3 prong outlet
- Do not remove ground prong
- Do not use an adapter
- Do not use an extension cord
Store this information near your Ember printer, for easy access.
Do not use use parts produced from this machine for storing, serving or touching food and drink.
Failure to do so can result in poisoning or other injury.
Serious Eye Irritant
Avoid contact with eyes and wear eye & face protection.
Failure to do so can result in eye injury.
Avoid contact with skin and clothing and wear protective gloves & protective clothing.
Failure to do so can result in skin irritation.
When handling Autodesk resin, you should follow standard chemical handling procedures along with the resin specific information contained in the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
► Resin Handling Guidance:
- Do not handle the resin until all safety precautions in the MSDS have been read and understood
- Wear protective gloves, protective clothing, and eye & face protection whenever handling liquid resin
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing
- Keep the resin container tightly closed when not in use
- Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling
- Never ingest the resin
- Keep away from food and drink
- Wear safety glasses when pouring resin. Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Keep away from children and pets
- Do not overfill the resin chamber
- Immediately clean up any spills with isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Additional info about resin cleanup can be found here.
In the case of an emergency, contact the Safety Department in your region:
- North America: Arvato Bertelsmann, (800) 535-5053
- Europe: Arvato Bertelsmann, (352) 323-3500
FIRST AID MEASURES
General information: Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
Inhalation: Move the exposed person to fresh air at once. Rinse nose and mouth with water. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
Ingestion: NEVER MAKE AN UNCONSCIOUS PERSON VOMIT OR DRINK FLUIDS. Rinse mouth thoroughly. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
Skin contact: Remove affected person from source of contamination. Remove contaminated clothing. Wash the skin immediately with soap and water. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
Eye contact: Remove victim immediately from source of exposure. Make sure to remove any contact lenses from the eyes before rinsing. Promptly wash eyes with plenty of water while lifting the eye lids. Continue to rinse for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention.
Most important symptoms & effects (both acute and delayed):
Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed
SAFETY: ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (IPA)
Highly flammable liquid & vapor
Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames, and hot surfaces.
Failure to do so could result in ignition or explosion of IPA.
Autodesk does not manufacture or supply IPA. You should consult the manufacturer’s Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed safety information.
► IPA Handling Procedure
- Do not handle until all safety precautions in the MSDS have been read and understood.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
- Avoid breathing vapors.
- Keep container closed when not in use.
- Wear protective gloves, protective clothing, and eye & face protection.
SAFETY: SHARP TOOLS
Always follow the instructions when removing parts from the build head, keeping fingers and hands out of the direct line of motion of the scraper.
Failure to do so could result in injury to hands, fingers or other body parts.
The Finishing Kit contains sharp tools. Please take care when using them and follow all instructions.
For more information about proper tool handling, see Removing Printed Models from the Build Head.
SAFETY: WASTE DISPOSAL
Liquid resin should not be flushed or poured down a drain. To discard liquid resin:
- Seal it in a ziplock bag and leave it in the sunlight. Exposure to the UV light will cure and harden the resin.
- Alternatively, you can pour liquid resin waste into a bottle, seal it, and dispose of it according to local regulations.
Cured, solid resin can safely be disposed of in the trash.
Continue on to MSDS...