If supports have printed but not the actual part, this means that there has been a failure of the interface between the support and part.
This could be for two reasons:
- Insufficient supports - not enough supports in place to adequately support the part
- Support tip diameter too small - not enough strength at the support-part interface
If you're not familiar with the Meshmixer support terminology you should read this article before continuing.
To increase the number of supports in Meshmixer you can change the following parameters.
- Angle Threshold - as you increase the value steeper overhangs will be supported
- Density - the larger the value the more support contact points per surface area
Support tip diameter too small
To increase the support tip diameter change the following setting
- Tip diameter - the larger the value the bigger the contact point between the tip of the support and the model